Log me on automatically each visit
#Games #Movies #Music and so on

Star Wars: Battlefront Beta

Star Wars: Battlefront Beta

Postby Enosh Zee » 02 Oct 2015, 18:41

The beta for the game will begin on october 8th with a preload on the previous day. It's a 11gb install on the PC. I still don't know if you can just download the beta on origin and start playing or if you need to have pre-ordered or receive a special cd key like offers from big youtube channels or w/e. If anyone has this info or an article explaining, please post. Best case scenario is that you can just download it and play. This could be a nice opportunity for you to test the game so you can decide if you want to purchase the game.

Thank you Orion for the Link: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlef ... ctober-8th
Image Image

Enosh Zee

Nickname: Enosh Zee
Skin: Tommy Wiseau haaaah
Modder: No

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront Beta

Postby Orion » 02 Oct 2015, 22:17

Enosh Zee wrote:The beta for the game will begin on october 8th with a preload on the previous day. It's a 11gb install on the PC. I still don't know if you can just download the beta on origin and start playing or if you need to have pre-ordered or receive a special cd key like offers from big youtube channels or w/e. If anyone has this info or an article explaining, please post. Best case scenario is that you can just download it and play. This could be a nice opportunity for you to test the game so you can decide if you want to purchase the game.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlef ... ctober-8th - As far as I can tell, there's no purchase needed, it will appear under the Demos and Betas tab on Origin during those dates.

I'm thinking I might try to play some of it but I won't be able to play all of it as that's the weekend I'll be in the mountains for the DollyWood 2015 Fall Gospel Harvest Festival. :)
Orion
AFL Member: Jedi Faction

Nickname: Orion/Kagetora
Recruited: 28 May 2010
Master: Kaje
Skin: Orion's personal skin
Modder: Yes

Postby Enosh Zee » 02 Oct 2015, 22:30

Nice to know, thanks! I think we'll have plenty to time to play the game if the beta stays open until the release of the game which is only next month.

EDIT: Oh, Between October 8th and 12th. Derp.
Image Image

Enosh Zee

Postby Orion » 02 Oct 2015, 23:40

Enosh Zee wrote:Nice to know, thanks! I think we'll have plenty to time to play the game if the beta stays open until the release of the game which is only next month.

EDIT: Oh, Between October 8th and 12th. Derp.

Yea, only 5 days... I hope they don't mess this game up but with as short a development time as they have and with them cutting out a lot of stuff in the way of story and space battles... Yea... and I've heard that one of the Alpha Testers said the game was a broken mess. :| Hopefully, everything goes smoothly and they've managed to fix whatever was wrong.
Orion

Postby Enosh Zee » 03 Oct 2015, 03:38

To be honest... the alpha tester was playing, well, an alpha. =P At least they're giving us some sort of totally free trial.

And to be honest, both previous games didn't really have a "campaign" so to speak. They were just a bunch of random matches with bots with the same objectives as in normal online matches but with a small narrative behind it. Nothing exceptional. People just overreacted. And I never really liked space battles anyway. The only things about this new installment that I'm not liking is the absence of prequel stuff (people may not have liked the movies, but they really work with games) and the fact that there are no classes. Just loadouts.
Image Image

Enosh Zee

Postby Saiaku » 03 Oct 2015, 10:20

Yeah the beta is open for all.
I will probably test it out, it's a new star wars game after all!
Saiaku

Nickname: Saiaku
Recruited: 0- 2-2004
Master: none
Skin: Geth

Postby Zarathos » 03 Oct 2015, 10:30

I dont have strong PC to run this so ill skip.
Zarathos

Nickname: -=AFL=- Zarathos {C¦SL}
Recruited: 11 Mar 2013
Skin: Anakin Skywalker/Nihilus

Postby Orion » 03 Oct 2015, 14:18

Enosh Zee wrote:To be honest... the alpha tester was playing, well, an alpha. =P At least they're giving us some sort of totally free trial.

And to be honest, both previous games didn't really have a "campaign" so to speak. They were just a bunch of random matches with bots with the same objectives as in normal online matches but with a small narrative behind it. Nothing exceptional. People just overreacted. And I never really liked space battles anyway. The only things about this new installment that I'm not liking is the absence of prequel stuff (people may not have liked the movies, but they really work with games) and the fact that there are no classes. Just loadouts.

True, that Alpha tester was testing an alpha-build so, of course it's gonna be a mess... Should be more refined now. I now that Battlefront 2 didn't have a story to it much but it was good enough and I agree, I liked the clones/prequel stuff too. I actually did like the space battle some but they would be more fun if they could make it so you could either take over other ships are destroy them in real time and have it work dynamically where the ships explode and create debris fields.

Tho I think planet side battles will be just as fun and if we can recreate battles like the Battle of Hoth, I'll be happy. :)
Orion

Postby Saiaku » 03 Oct 2015, 14:21

Considering it is DICE who is making it, they probably thought that loadouts is a better design choice than classes.
After X amount of battlefield games where they had classes, maybe the concept of classes just got old and loadouts is a better alternative?

It's just what I think their reasoning behind that part is.
Saiaku

Nickname: Saiaku
Recruited: 0- 2-2004
Master: none
Skin: Geth

Postby Enosh Zee » 03 Oct 2015, 22:48

The reasoning makes sense for DICE, yes, but I still would have prefered a more classic approach.

EDIT: well, the previous battlefield games kinda have both loadout and classes. I think a mix would be ideal.
Image Image

Enosh Zee

Postby Enosh Zee » 03 Oct 2015, 23:47

Zarathos wrote:I dont have strong PC to run this so ill skip.

Well, the beta is free. You could just download it and try to change some settings to see if it's playable?
Image Image

Enosh Zee

Postby Bullrock » 04 Oct 2015, 00:03

THE POWER SCALLION GOES OFF AND OFFFFFFN FIT ||||| FAEN I HELVETEEEEEEEEEE

DOWNLOAD ALL THE GAMES!

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)BULLImageGURLლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Bullrock

Postby Enosh Zee » 04 Oct 2015, 00:22

Bullrock wrote:THE POWER SCALLION GOES OFF AND OFFFFFFN FIT ||||| FAEN I HELVETEEEEEEEEEE

DOWNLOAD ALL THE GAMES!

IT'S FREE, RIGHT? SO WHY NOOOOOOOOOOT? :D
Image Image

Enosh Zee

Postby Bullrock » 04 Oct 2015, 10:37

Exactly.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)BULLImageGURLლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Bullrock