Log me on automatically each visit
Mapping, modding, development, artwork etc

A new approach... to an old idea...

A new approach... to an old idea...

Postby Orion » 18 Jul 2013, 04:53

Oh hey guys. Many of you may not know it BUT years ago I did a castle themed map with several things in it... but it wasn't really THAT good of a map. As it didn't have true indoor/outdoor buildings and stuff.

So, I have decided to try to build a new castle themed map called Castle AFL. In honor of the Allied Force Lords. The reason for a castle map is 2 fold really.

A. Not many castle maps exist... Well, that are that good.
B. I was really, REALLY inspired by the castle in LoS2 coming out in... I don't really know when. :|

Anyhoo, I've only just started on it and am starting with the castle's Keep where the Throne Room is housed. Basically it's the main building in the castle layout.

Screenshots coming soon.
Orion
AFL Member: Jedi Faction

Nickname: Orion/Kagetora
Recruited: 28 May 2010
Master: Kaje
Skin: Orion's personal skin
Modder: Yes

Re: A new approach... to an old idea...

Postby EdgeRUS » 18 Jul 2013, 09:10

It is a great idea,my friend!Ihope u can do this!Good luck!
EdgeRUS
AFL Member: Sith Faction
AFL Member: Sith Faction

Nickname: EDGE
Recruited: 14 Jun 2013
Master: Bullrock
Skin: jedi customization
Modder: No

Postby Enosh Zee » 18 Jul 2013, 20:48

I love castles... but... What about your other main map? I want my Sith temple and my Dark Forest! xD
Image Image

Enosh Zee

Nickname: Enosh Zee
Skin: Tommy Wiseau haaaah

Postby Orion » 18 Jul 2013, 22:11

Enosh Zee wrote:I love castles... but... What about your other main map? I want my Sith temple and my Dark Forest! xD

I need to rethink it some to tell the truth. :| I've made a few stabs at a Grand Temple but both look too odd to really look good. :okay: Maybe be making this map I can get some good ideas for THAT map.

Thinking back I don't think I had that good a plan for the temples as far as how they were built. I still want to do a Dark Temple with dead trees around it and have it look SOMEWHAT like the Dark Temple from SWTOR.

For now, I'm going to focus on this new project and maybe it'll allow me to try some new techniques that I can later apply to my main project.
Orion

Postby Enosh Zee » 18 Jul 2013, 22:19

Ok, so let me abuse you once again... :sneakytroll: :dolan: This castle must have... Causeways! Bridges between towers! Battlements! Merlons for archers to hide! (I mean those indentations in the towers and walls and walkways). A blacksmith place with an anvil! Stables! Ok, abuse done. Maybe more later :dolan:
Image Image

Enosh Zee

Nickname: Enosh Zee
Skin: Tommy Wiseau haaaah

Postby Orion » 18 Jul 2013, 23:22

Enosh Zee wrote:Ok, so let me abuse you once again... :sneakytroll: :dolan: This castle must have... Causeways! Bridges between towers! Battlements! Merlons for archers to hide! (I mean those indentations in the towers and walls and walkways). A blacksmith place with an anvil! Stables! Ok, abuse done. Maybe more later :dolan:

Yesh, I know what you're talking about. Those little slits in the walls and battlements. (the little stubby things at the top of the walls) Also, OF COURSE I will add the little causeway bridges leading to the towers. :) and teh ye olde blacksmith to make shoes for thy horse, armor for thy protection and swords for the killing. :sneakytroll:
Orion

Postby Saiaku » 18 Aug 2014, 06:00

Pssst, Orion !

Hit me up on steam when you're mapping, and let's see if we can merge some maps together into a larger one!
Saiaku

Nickname: Saiaku
Recruited: 0- 2-2004
Master: none
Skin: Geth

Return to Crafting